In today’s modern age, self-driving cars are no longer a remote sci-fi dream, kids have smart phones, and you have to be on social media to run a successful business. Weather you hire a staff or a social media agency; you will need to hire someone with a multifaceted skill set that has the capacity to take your business to new heights. Here are the ten reasons why each company needs a social media expert:
1. Sales / Leads: The main aim of any marketing campaign is to make more money. Experts in social media are very capable of transforming fans into customers. 75 % of businesses selling their goods on social media reported revenue growth within 12 months. In addition, 74 % of consumers make purchase decisions using social media.
2. Measurement & Reporting: There are a lot of elements to analyze and data points available to pull on social media. It may take hours for some to correctly log, weigh, and analyze. Here, it is critical to have an expert who knows which data points are most valuable, and develop monthly business reports. Experts also have the ability to determine whether the social media marketing campaign is heading in the positive or negative direction and can offer help on how to plan for the coming month.
3. Quality Work: You’ll need more than just a few basic images and some Facebook ads to keep your business’ social media profiles engaging. They know how to promote and involve audience engagement in ways that go beyond generic posts.
4. Monitoring: Checking your company’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram page is not the first thing on your mind every day, when you run a business. These platforms should however be monitored on a daily basis to remove spam comments, answer questions and engage with potential customers. That’s one of the Social Media expert’s many duties!
5. Influencer marketing: This year, 84 % of marketers plan to execute at least one marketing influencer campaign. If you want your business to keep up with the growing competition, you have to adopt the same strategies. When it comes to influencing marketing, social media experts are ahead of the curve. They can track the perfect influencer for your business.
6. Targeting: Experts on social media know who’s on what platform, and when. They also have a wealth of information about the interests of social media users, about buying habits, and more. They can build target markets with all that information perfectly tailored to your brand. This ensures that the people to whom you advertise are the ones most likely to be genuinely interested in your product.
7. Analyzing the competitors: One great feature of social media is that it not only connects you to your audience, it also connects you to your competition. Experts in social media will study the profiles of your rivals and figure out what tactics work for them, and what their weak points are.
8. Tracking ROI: When it comes to social media marketing, it can be hard to identify exactly what your return on investment is. An expert knows exactly where to look for results and how to calculate. The marketing in social media is extremely tractable. Sales, website traffic, app downloads, email subscriptions and more can all be measured by a qualified social media marketer. They can then compare results to the amount of time and money spent to determine ROI.
9. Build recognition & credibility: In addition to acquiring sales, one of the social media expert’s main objectives is to build the image of your brand. A social media expert can help your brand gain a positive reputation online. This, in turn, transfers to real world brand recognition. No-one trusts a company in this day and age without a presence on social media. If you want to run a credible, trustworthy business, you need to have an attractive social media presence. An expert will help you make that happen.
10. Lifelong learning: It is difficult for an average person to regularly keep up with all the new social media trends. However, social media experts are used to the lifelong learning process needed to keep up with the constantly evolving field. Most fields change every couple of years, but the social media platform experiences change every few weeks. Hence it takes a special type of person to keep up with this ever changing field.
So there you have it, these are the 10 reasons why you should recruit an expert on social media to help grow your business today!